The Houston Racquet Club at 10709 Memorial Drive is looking for a Masters Swim Coach
- The Houston Racquet Club is a private club located in the heart of Memorial in Houston, Texas and the there are 15 master swimmers aged 35-65 that regularly attend practices.
- The outdoor 6 lane lap swimming pool is a 25 yard pool that is heated and chilled.
- The Masters swimming coach of the Manta Grays (HRCS), a registered club with USMS, will be responsible for running the workouts and swim program for the masters and reports to the Director of Pools and Fitness.
- The position requires that the coach coordinate and supervise workouts, email and text members, register for swim meets, along with other club functions and activities.
- The masters coach will drive club growth and strive to retain existing members while working under the guidelines of the HRC club bylaws and any other stated objectives.
Roles and Duties:
- Register the Club (HRCS) and Swimmers with USMS
- Manage club sign in sheets and accounting
- Attend scheduled meetings with staff and Committees
- Serve as club contact for USMS and attend LMSC meetings as necessary
- Update “Places to Swim” on the usms.org website with current information
- Workout days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, year around, 6:00-7:00AM
- Set goals for the club
- Develop a seasonal plan for the club
- Help each swimmer set individual goals
- Write workouts
- Coach workouts
- Offer stroke development clinics
- Travel to events
- Attend continuing education offerings for coaches
Travel and Weekend Requirements:
- Very minimal
Summary of Qualifications:
- Safety training for coaches or lifeguard certification including CPR/AED
- Ability to motivate adult athletes in a positive manner
- Experience in coaching triathletes
- Demonstrated proficiency in teaching stroke development, stroke correction, and proper technique
- Understanding of USMS rules
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Education required—Bachelors degree
- Commensurate with applicant's job experience and qualifications
To be considered for this position, please send a letter of interest and resume via email to Jackie Busa