Classes Have Resumed for the Spring 2022 Semester of Gulf Swim University! Enroll Now!!
Join us for the 8th annual Gulf Swim University, a FREE fitness event, that runs from January 1st to April 30th.
The Gulf Fitness Chair has plans in the works to make this annual event even better for 2022, with a swimmers' social at the conclusion of the event, new participation awards, and awards for the most team participation.
This event is completely free to you as a Gulf/USMS registered swimmer and is easy to enter, as follows:
- Let Gulf Chair, Karlene Denby, know you’re participating by emailing her at email@example.com
- Go to USMS.org, My USMS, My Fitness Log. Enter the FREE Go the Distance Event and easily track your swimming distances (daily, weekly or monthly). Let Karlene know if you have trouble signing up for Go The Distance and she can help you through it.
- Get to the pool regularly, have fun, and get FIT. This fitness event may be just what you need to get to the pool consistently over the next four months. There are five levels of challenge.
- Swim 20-39 miles and earn an Associate's Degree
- Swim 40-79 miles to earn a Bachelor's Degree
- Swim 80-119 miles to qualify for a Double Major
- Swim 120-159 miles for a Master's Degree
- Swim 160 miles for a PhD
We hope you'll join us for this fun and challenging event!